UNIX Training in Marathahalli
UNIX is an open source, common and traditional computer operating system that that originated at Bell Labs in 1969 as an interactive time-sharing system by the inventors Ken Thompson and Dennis Ritchie. In 1974, UNIX became the first open source and standard operating system that was written in the C language. UNIX has been there in the IT world for a long time as a large freeware product with many extensions and variety of versions. UNIX was standardized as the Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX) under the support of IEEE. UNIX OS become popular and widely used in workstation products from Sun Microsystems, Silicon Graphics, IBM and also in number of other companies. It has the ability to manage multi users and multitasking in parallel. Kernel, Shell, Commands and Utilities, Files and Directories are the main components of a UNIX system. Initially, it was a command based Operating System; later a GUI was developed and named as Common Desktop Environment (CDE).
UNIX Job Opportunities
- UNIX jobs are especially suitable for the people, who have skills in Unix administration, CMS and management services.
- Having strong Unix knowledge and practical experience can be a feather on your cap and get you Unix System Administrator job.
- Having Unix as a co-skill with Oracle DB administration can get you a job as an Oracle DBA.
- Having Unix as a co-skill with Python can get job as Software Engineer.
- Having Unix as a co-skill with SQL, C, C++ can get job as Senior Software Engineer.
- Having Unix as a co-skill with Linux can get job as Shell Scripting Expert.
- Tech Mahindra, Capgemini, Harman, Aricent, SAP, Hexaware, Intel, Newt, Societe Generale are some of the companies that hire for UNIX System Administrators.
- Expand your UNIX job opportunities and maximize the chances by acquiring the best support and training from TIB Academy.
Training Marathahalli offers best Unix training. They provide classroom and online training with affordable fee. They offer 100% practical and real time training with projects. They have skilled trainers who already trained 100+ students and professionals on Unix training. Mock interview is conducted on Unix training to improve the understanding in Unix training.
Prerequisites for UNIX
- NO Prerequisites to learn UNIX.
- Basic understanding on C programming, compiler command lines and debugger command lines will be beneficial.
- If you are already familiar with the above, this course will be easier for you to learn. Otherwise, our experienced professionals are here to teach you and coach you from the UNIX fundamentals.
Our UNIX Training and Support
TIB Academy is one of the best UNIX training institutes in Marathahalli. Our trainers are highly experienced professionals. Currently, they are all working in top rated MNCs and Corporates, carrying years of real time industrial experience in their particular technologies. In this UNIX training in Marathahalli, you will be experiencing a unique learning environment. Our UNIX syllabus includes command line and shell scripting, conditional statements, loops, functions and lot more. For the detailed UNIX course syllabus, please check below.
Usually, our UNIX training sessions are scheduled during weekday mornings (7AM – 10AM), weekday evenings (7PM – 9:30PM) and weekends (flexible timings). We do provide UNIX classroom course and PowerShell online course, both on weekdays and weekends based upon the student’s preferred time slots.
You will surely enhance your technical skills and confidence via this UNIX training. Our connections and networks in the job market will help you to achieve your dream job easily. Compared to other training institutes, we are offering the best UNIX training course in Marathahalli, Bangalore, where you can get the best UNIX training and placement guidance for reasonable and affordable cost.
UNIX Training in Marathahalli Syllabus
1. Getting accquainted with Linux
- Logging in-out
- Brief History
- Unix Flavours
- Linux distros
2. Linux/Unix Architecture
- Concept of Multiuser-multitasking
- Architectural view
- Unix command structure
- Getting help
- Combining the commands
3. Using Linux/Unix
- Frequently used commands and utilities
- Ls , cat ,cd ,mkdir ,rmdir,touch ,grep etc
- User commands – who ,who am i etc
- IO redirection and piping ( stdin ,stdout,stderr, tee)
- Concept of Users and groups
- User access privileges
- Superuser and permissions
- Password files
- Filesytem concept
- Unix ‘s File/dir hierarchy
- Filesystem types
- Creating and mounting filesystem
- Filesystem related command
- Configuration files
5. Handling Files & directories
- Creation, deletion
- Compressing/decompressing files
6. Networking Utilities
- Ping, ifconfig, ssh, scp etc
- Starting and stopping networking services
- Network configuration files
7. Application Installation on Unix
- Package formats and installation
8. Booting Linux
- Boot order
- Run levels and rc scripts
- Configuration files for booting
- Installation & configuration of Linux
- Getting updates
Basic Shell Scripting
1. Shell Basics
- Types of shells
- Shell functionality
2. Writing first script
- Writing script & executing basic script
- Debugging script
- Making interactive scripts
- Variables (default variables)
- Mathematical expressions
3. Conditional statements
- Test command
- Logical operators-AND,OR,NOT
- Case –esac
- Break & continue
5. Command line arguments
- Positional parameters
- Set & shift
6. Functions & file manipulations
- Processing file line by line
7. Regular Expression & Filters
- What is regular expression
- Grep,cut ,sort commands
- Grep patterns
8. SED & AWK
- Concept of process in Unix
- Background processes
- Scheduling processes -At, batch & Cron
- Trapping signals
- String substitutions / manipulations
PreRequisite : Unix Fundamentals course
Advanced Shell Scripting
1. Advanced Scripting Techniques
- Providing command line options to scripts
- Shell & subshells
- Exporting variables
- Remote shell execution
- Dialog boxes
2. SQL with Shell
- Connecting to MySQL using shell
- Running SQL queries from a shell script
3. Essential System Administration jobs (on AIX, Solaris & Linux)
- Managing disk space/file system
- Startup-Shutdown scripts
- Monitoring , health check
4. Test Framework Development
- Design and concept of test setup
- Sample Framework design and demo