DataStage Training in Marathahalli
Datastage Training Syllabus:
- Datastage Architecture
- Datastage Clients
- Datastage Workflow
Types of Datastage Job
- Parallel Jobs
- Server Jobs
- Job Sequences
Setting up Datastage Environment
- Datastage Administrator Properties
- Defining Environment Variables
- Importing Table Definitions
Creating Parallel Jobs
- Design a simple Parallel job in Designer
- Compile your job
- Run your job in Director
- View the job log
- Command Line Interface (dsjob)
Accessing Sequential Data
- Sequential File stage
- Data Set stage
- Complex Flat File stage
- Create jobs that read from and write to sequential files
- Read from multiple files using file patterns
- Use multiple readers
- Null handling in Sequential File Stage
- Describe parallel processing architecture Describe pipeline & partition parallelism
- List and describe partitioning and collecting algorithms
- Describe configuration files
- Explain OSH & Score
- Combine data using the Lookup stage
- Combine data using merge stage
- Combine data using the Join stage
- Combine data using the Funnel stage
Sorting and Aggregating Data
- Sort data using in-stage sorts and Sort stage
- Combine data using Aggregator stage
- Remove Duplicates stage
- Understand ways Datastage allows you to transform data
- Create column derivations using userdefined code and system functions
- Filter records based on business criteria
- Control data flow based on data conditions
- Perform a simple Find
- Perform an Advanced Find Perform an impact analysis
- Compare the differences between two Table Definitions and Jobs.
Working with Relational Data
- Import Table Definitions for relational tables.
- Create Data Connections.
- Use Connector stages in a job.
- Use SQL Builder to define SQL Select statements.
- Use SQL Builder to define SQL Insert and Update statements.
- Use the DB2 Enterprise stage.
Metadata in Parallel Framework:
- Explain schemas.
- Create schemas.
- Explain Runtime Column Propagation (RCP).
- Build a job that reads data from a sequential file using a schema.
- Build a shared container.
- Use the Datastage Job Sequencer to build a job that controls a sequence of jobs.
- Use Sequencer links and stages to control the sequence a set of jobs run in.
- Use Sequencer triggers and stages to control the conditions under which jobs run.
- Pass information in job parameters from the master controlling job to the controlled jobs.
- Define user variables.
- Enable restart.
- Handle errors and exceptions.